Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #11




Hey guys Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can join, to participate:
To participate you:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title and author as well, so other bloggers reading your Teaser Tuesday post can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

This week's teasers are from ... The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)

Teaser #1
Jamie answered with a sad shake of his head. "It's only a matter of time."
I shot him a poisonous look. "Before...?"
"Before you're doing the walk of shame out of his den of iniquity."
"Thanks for thinking so highly of me."
"It's not your fault, Mara. Girls can't help falling for Shaw, especially in your case."
"My case?"
"Noah is clearly smitten with you."


And this one a little long. So enjoy :)

Teaser #2
He was killing me. "Look Shaw--"
"We're starting with the surname nonsense, are we?"
"Hysterical. Ask someone else."
"I don't want to ask someone else. And you don't really want me to either."
"Wrong. I hopped off the table and walked away. If I didn't look at him, I'd be fine.
Noah caught up to me in two long strides. " I didn't ask you to marry me. I asked you for dinner. What, are you afraid I'll ruin the image you're cultivating here?"
"What image?" I said flatly.
"Angsty, solitary, introspective emoteen, staring off into the distance as she sketches withered leaves falling from bare branches and ..." Noah's voice trailed off, but the look of cool amusement on his face didn't.
"No, that was lovely. Please, continue."
I rushed ahead until another girls' bathroom appeared. I pushed the door open, planning to leave Noah outside while I collected myself.
But he followed me in.



P.S. I'm giving a giveaway on my blog, so I think you guys should enter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment